The AeroPress design is deceptively simple, but it can be frustratingly hard to reproduce a golden cup due to the many variables.
This recipe aims to eliminate the variables that are hard to control (pouring\agitation\bypass\pressing.)
- “The Press" matters(The timing/force/duration of pressing)
- Pouring water as fast as possible to eliminate the pouring technique’s effect. You can use a regular water kettle.
- Press slowly with the minimum force that moves down the plunger.
- Using the inverted method to minimize bypass.
Use this as a starting point to dial in for your preferences.
📝 Recipe Notes:
- Dialled in with light roasted coffee
- Push plunge into the first number mark on the regular model
- Preheating is not required. Rinse the filter so it does not come off the cap easily
- Grind size is medium-fine (I used 13 clicks on a Timemore C3)
- In step 5, swirling is optional but don't do it in a circular motion
- Press for about 1 min 15 sec
Tried this recipe? Let us know what you think, in the comments below.